Friday, January 22, 2016

Writing Prompts

So I was in Barnes & Noble a little over a week ago, and I saw a little journal that was full of writing prompts. It was rather small, but there was 30, I think, different topics at the top of each page, and I just thought it was a super neat idea.
They had creative topics and fantasy topics, there was even a journal for drawing. Which is awesome but I'm a doodler....not a drawer so...skip that.
I didn't want to buy the book because it was over priced for a small journal and I tend to just go on and on when I'm writing anyway. PLUS, why buy that, when I can look online for awesome writing prompts and do it on here for free??
Blogging is just online journaling anyway! With the hopes that online, it will never get lost...

I'm excited about it, I really like writing out my thoughts on here and I think it would be really fun.
So I went to my favorite website, Pinterest =) and pulled some "blogging" writing prompts.
I don't want to write creative stories. I think those are fun to think about sometimes, but all the small details that really make a story good, stress me out to come up with, and I'm just not interested in writing fantasy.
When I was young in school, they would give us writing prompts that were creative, I loved it. And I know the more you write the better you get at it but....meh, I just don't want to waste my time on it.

So, I'm not going to set a challenge to write one daily or anything. I saw plenty of pages with those, and that's awesome. But I have a teething *almost 4 month old and if I tried to set a goal like that, it would just stress me out and upset me that I didn't get it done on some days.
I mean...I don't even get to cook dinner every day or even wash my face daily so....yea. Not gonna set myself up for failure.

If they are short, I may post multiple at once. I'm excited to get started.

**Please don't judge how awful some of the writing is. I have a lack of sleep and dealing with teething has been SO exhausting. I only get "me time" at night time when he is sleeping so that's why I'm not sleeping, and I also post things in the middle of the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment