Friday, March 18, 2016

Forgiveness



What a powerful quote? I mean...."dang, that's deep!" I was feeling motivated to write about forgiveness after my last post. I should have, because I'm not as inspired right now but I didn't have time.

I found a few good quotes on forgiveness and I feel like I probably could have just kept finding good ones online, but I stopped myself.
It feels good to forgive. It's REALLY hard to do so, but if you've ever forgiven anyone that really hurt you, it's like a huge weight off your chest. Like....you really feel physically lighter, and happier.
Because to love is what is normal and right, hate is such an ugly thing.
I am SO good at holding grudges. I'm like an elephant too, I never forget how it felt when someone made me feel bad. I always remember those. But it's just not the way we should live our lives.

With all of this forgiveness in mind, I have a few people from my life who I cut out or want to avoid at all cost because I hate them. I'm struggling because I'm trying to figure out if I want to let them back in.
I understand that forgiveness doesn't mean I have to be your friend. And you don't have to have someone in your life who was toxic. There are 3 girls in particular who I've been thinking about reconnecting with and I don't know....
I just don't know.

Sigh, I was hoping that with a little reading of forgiveness and research I would come to my answer.
I'd hate to open old wounds. And I feel like being friends with some of these people would be like picking at the scab....however, if the wound has healed.....there is no scab? Just a scar? Maybe no scar?

That's my crazy optimism talking....don't mind me. lol

But it helps to write out your thoughts sometimes and really see a situation from lots of different angles.

So.....

I always try to tackle tough situations with the "What Would Jesus Do?" approach. I mean, those things they taught us as kids are REALLY good lessons. If adults would apply them more often, the world might not be such a horrible place. God will guide you through ANYthing. 
So with saying that, I should forgive all of those people who have done me wrong and that leads to


Wether you want those people in your life or not, you always have this negative void and energy when you think about them. Let it go so you are at peace. If they don't forgive you in return....
it's on them. At least you did what you are suppose to do.

I don't have much more to say right now, I'm running low on gas tonight. Even though I'm sure I do have more to say.
For now, I don't know what I'm going to do about the past relationships. Forgive and move on without contact or try to reach out....
Only time will tell.

Tata for now










*Sorry for such a scattered post. My brain is feeling like a fried egg.




No comments:

Post a Comment