Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Catching up

Hello, hello.
I just wanted to stop in and say a few things. I've been meaning to get on here for a few weeks now. It's been really hard and a really busy time in life right now. 

Luke needs a lot of attention constantly. He's been teething since he was about 2 months old, and he's 5 and 1/2 now. But sometimes he has really rough patches and nothing helps relieve the pain, he just wants to be held by mommy, so that's mostly what we've been going through lately. Just taking it one day at a time. 

Sooooo along with that means I also haven't been able to get much done. I was going to start doing some basic working out, and every day I think I'll get a few minutes to do it, but it's just not happening.
I barely am able to cook every day. I have been managing to get a few things done, I can't do as much as I use to but I find that I do get to clean a little here and there. Mostly I keep our room straightened up and the dirty clothes in the correct laundry baskets. Getting around to washing them is another story, but we do try to keep our mess somewhat organized. lol
Organized chaos= my house.

It was really stressing me out in the beginning of being a mom, that I couldn't keep my house the way I wanted to. But it's something I'm just having to come to terms with. I understand that when we look back on this time, I'm not going to remember how clean the house was but I will remember the way he smiles at me when I'm playing with him. So as long as it doesn't turn into a dump I think we are doing alright. 
And I guess it's really not that bad, I just like for it to be clean.

Anyway, in other news.....My sweet boy has learned to roll over from back to tummy. AND he does it non stop! As soon as I lay him down somewhere, he rolls over. He's SO fast. He can't roll back onto his back yet, he hasn't figured that out, so he gets frustrated after a while because he's tired of holding himself up. So I'll flip him over and within seconds he's back on his tummy! lol
He doesn't lay his head down when he's on his tummy, he's never liked that. So it was good for me when he was younger, one less risk for SIDS, but bad-ish, now because he doesn't know how to relax. lol

He's so sweet! He's my whole world.

I've been doing a little research online, reading blogs and watching youtube videos of people teaching their babies how to swim, so I hope we can get on that soon. I've been debating on taking some lessons this summer. It's about to be warm soon, I mean this week is going to be in the 70's almost every day. SOOOOOO excited about it!!!
So I think by the time he is 6 months old it will be getting good into spring. I've already been trying to get him use to the water when we take baths. He's totally relaxed and I've been teaching him to be calm when he lays back, so he can learn how to float. I read that you can teach them to hold their breath when you run water over their face, so they know to hold their breath when the face is put in water, so tonight, for the first time I tried an exercise a few times in the bathtub. 
I counted to three and then would blow in his face, when you blow in their face they tend to hold their breath, and then I would pour a little water over his head to run into his face. We did it a few times and it went great, so I think I'll keep it up.
I don't want my baby scared of water, and the earlier you teach them the less scared they will be and the safer it is!!

Oh, update on the bible challenge. Not to my surprise, I've been kind of lazy. I probably haven't read it in over a week, if not longer. I was doing really good for a while, so I have to get back on that. The website I was using has an app and the app is great! I have it notify me every day, and I can read it right there on the app and update my progress. It really doesn't take any time at all, so I need to be doing it. I've just been so busy doing other things, and making lame excuses not to.
I'll have to do better!

Anyway, lots of love for now, I  guess I need to go. Hopefully I'll be back on sooner than later. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment