Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Challenge No 1- Honesty & blogging

Hello again,
So, I was fumbling around on Pinteret and I came across a couple of journal/blog challenges. I've looked at things like this in the past and I think it's an excellent idea to get me back into writing more. I always have things I push into the back of my mind and I say, "well I plan to write about this or I'll get to it eventually," but obviously I never get around to it. So I'm gonna just try out a few of these and see how it goes. Usually if I have a lot of free time and I'm inspired I'll want to do more than one post, so I'm not going to make a goal to do one a day, or one daily, or anything like that. I just plan on going down the list and doing them when I feel inspired.
Don't know how much success this will ring true for but here goes, 

First question. 

What is the biggest barrier between you and full honesty in your journaling?

This is actually a small problem for me. I think. You see, I really want to write the same way I would talk. And that's a bit difficult sometimes, especially to make sure that it makes sense and somewhat follows most grammatical rules. 
I think what holds me back some, is even though I don't think anyone reads these, there's always the potential that someone could and you never know who that someone is. And maybe I don't want all of my business out for the public or on social media. I think I'm extremely honest and smart about what I put out there and what I keep private, so I don't know how much of a barrier there is, but I do think that there kinda is one. Or at least what I like to think of as smart choices in my writing. 
Another thing, is probably that I'm lazy. I could write more often, and if I did it would be more honest and probably less scrutiny over what I'm putting out there in my writing. 
Also there's always the idea that things like a journal will be read by someone important to you or by someone when you have died and you don't want to change how someone feels about you or you want them to think a certain way about you, so that has to do with how you filter yourself and how you write. 
Yea. 
I don't know what else to say about it. 
Lol
It's a little scatter brained but that's basically how I feel. 
Like I said, for the most part I do feel like I'm pretty honest and if there are any barriers it's just filtering and self preservation-ish. Haha 




Fin.






No comments:

Post a Comment