Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Challenge No 2- $10 billion

What would you do with 10 billion dollars?

Even thinking about this kinda overwhelms me. That's a lot of money. 
Hold on a sec while I get out my calculator! 

I've always wanted to make sure that if I ever got an insane amount of money, that my family would be taken care of and we would all be out of debt, but also that we wouldn't become crazy and just blow our money like nobody's business. 10 billion is a lot, but I know it could go quick. There's always more stuff to buy than you have. You can always find a way to spend money. 

I would make sure all of my family's debts are paid. 
I would prob figure out a way to give my immediate family money but in a way to make it last for them and them not blow it all at once. You can buy a mansion but the important question, is can you keep it? People seem to forget things like taxes and regular bills when they come into a lot of money. It's why most athletes don't stay rich for their whole lives. 

It important to remember that it's not your job to take care of your family either. 
I'd have to do a lot of thinking before I did anything but I would probably buy a franchise and give a couple of family members the opportunity to have a job that pays them well, (way more than minimum wage, it would be worth it) if they work for it. 

I'd buy a good bit of land and have it cleared and build a really nice house. Probably not a million dollar home but prob a 500,000 home. I'd want a nice yard with a pool, basket ball court, tennis court, a small gym. I'd want a small hut to turn into a salon. 
A giant garage for my husband. And a couple of cars for him. 
And all of those things can be done and very reasonably for under a million. Especially in NC. I wouldn't move out of state. Probably not even out of the county I live in. 
I think I wouldn't change very much. I'd still be very frugal. 
I probably would hire someone to make sure that I always had heathy foods in my home and that I worked out like I'm suppose to. 

I would set an allowance for my family of $50,000 a year or something around that. 
That's more than enough to have as spending money and to travel with and go on vacations and have fun. If you set a limit you won't act like the money is endless. 

I would def probably take a year and travel a little at the beginning but I still want a pretty normal life, so after the year we would be on a strict allowance.

I would pay my tithes to various churches or Christian organizations, that's 1 billion dollars so I wouldn't want it to go to just one place. 

The area we live in is nice, but there isn't a community center or a place for kids to hang out (other than the county park, which isn't exactly close) so I'd prob take $100,000 and donate to have a gym/ park built so there's a place for kids to be. This is kinda my husbands idea, we've talked about the community needing a place like that before. 

I'd buy a beach house. Again, not too expensive since I live in NC. I'd give my mom full access to go whenever she wants. She'd practically live there, I'm sure. 

I'd have a home built for my mom, my mother in law, & my grandparents. 
I think with all the other money and getting out of debt that I did for my siblings & family, that they can handle their own home and etc.  

I'd help with some family businesses. Investing and stuff so they can get on their feet. 

I wouldn't be a lending machine or anything but I'd want to help get the people who mean the most to me on their feet and going in a bright direction. 

Disclaimer* This isn't very well thought out. I'm writing as it comes to me. 


I'd have laser hair removal done for me and my husband. I never want to shave under my arms or my legs again, let's get that nipped in the bud! And Andre hates shaving, so it would be great for him too. 

Idk if it is because a lack of sleep, but I can't think of too much right now. 

Going back to earlier, having my dream house is pretty important and enough to keep me day dreaming forever. I could probably make a blog post about that in itself. 🤔

I think I'd definitely have some kind of bunker built on my land too. Maybe not just for an apocalypse, but I'm terrified of tornados, so if I know we are having a warning or watch, I won't be scared in a house anymore. Imma be under ground!! 

There's a few charities and things that I know I would want to help with and I'd probably immerse myself into, but I'd have to do a bit of research for that. 

$10 billion is a LOT of money but it's not enough to take care of the world and it's important to remember that, but I would want to help some. 

Welp, since I'm drawing a blank, but I'm know I'm not done. I may make a part 2 to this post or comment on it with my other splurging ideas. But for now, I'm gonna bounce. 

If you've never thought about how you would spend what seems like an endless amount of money, Do! It's a good idea to see if you'd be frugal or if you'd just run out of it before you can blink. 
I think it also shows your character a little bit. When I re read, it was important to me to make sure my family is taken care of. And it really is important to me. If I had an even smaller amount than $10 B, I'd still get my immediate family out of debt, and buy my mother's a house. After I buy my house, of course lol but def next. 


Anywayz, laterz guyz! 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment