Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Challenge No 3- Top 5 Skills

What are the top 5 skills you wish you had?

Haven't don't one of these in a while, so here we go....


I feel like I have a few pretty good skills. I kinda dip my feet in all the waters. I'm a pretty decent trumpet player, or I was. Haha. I like cooking and baking & I do that well. I'm a good wife. As in loyal, supportive, taking care of the house, getting things done, taking care of the baby. I could do better with all of the skills I have already but I'm still pretty awesome at them. I can sew, craft, do hair. I know a lot about movies and a little bit about photography. 
But some skills that I wish I had or that I wish were TOP for me, like I was super amazing at would be;


1. Singing. I think I sing pretty well already but I have days where I just can't at all. And sometimes I get too into my head and struggle with melodies if there is no music, so if I could perfect this and just sing every word I say, beautifully. Then I'd be happy. 


2. Drawing. I like to doodle. And I'm dipping more into my artistic side these days. I've been painting and even drawing a little. But it's something I hate to work at. It's not a full fledge ability I have.


(This list is actually harder than you think. Idk if it's because I can only choose 5 or if I'm confident in myself and the things I do. Lol) 

3. Being healthy- some kind of persistence with eating healthy and working out. I dabble in these too but I find myself saying, everyday, "I'm going to do better today" but then I don't. 
Honestly idk if that's a skill. But hey, sure it is. That's someone's job, and clearly some people master that!

4. Carpentry- I have a super fascination with wood working. I just haven't been able to get my hands into it much, because I don't have a garage or area to do it, and I don't have the equipment. But I really want to build things. Like super wanna build stuff! I need a work space, saw, & nail gun and I'd be in business! I just really don't EVER want splinters!!!

(Feel the pressure. Now it's time to choose one final one and go back and potentially have to delete something that's not as "Top" priority, if I think of more than one. This is really silly, honestly, to be worried about. But these are the kind of things that bother me when writing & with choices in life in general.)

5. I kind realized without thinking to much into it at the beginning of this post that I more chose trade skills instead of personality trait type of skills and that some people might have thought of that when they chose the challenge. So I'm gonna use number 5 to just list the personality type of traits I wish I had., or that were top of the list. 

-Budgeting. I do okay with budgeting. I always pay bills first, but I don't really have a savings account, so I wish I could do better with that. 
-Knowing other languages. I'm working on French, and I can understand some Spanish and Italian. But I wish I had them mastered and I wish I didn't have to work hard to know them! Lol
-Treating people, if we are in a fairytale world of lists'; I'd like to be a nurse or doctor to help treat and care for people,  but in real life it's just a lot of work to become one of those. And it's a lot of work to hold the jobs and they are very challenging jobs that I just don't really want. But I do like caring for people.... in a way. *complicated answer.
-Gardening. I like to. Ish. I wish I could master it. Or that it came easily to me. 
(It seems like most things that I've dabbled in or am interested in but not super amazing at is because I'm too lazy to master them. Or I don't care enough or have enough time to master them or put more into them. I wonder if anyone else who did this challenge feels the same way about the skills they wish they had. If we are all just a little lazy with the skills we wish we had or if they are things that seem to be out of our reach?) 
-Retaining info. It should come as no surprise to anyone, that if something isn't very important to us when we learn it, then we don't hold onto it. But there were tons of things I learned in school that I more like "memorized" for the upcoming test and didn't really learn. I wish I had more of a photographic memory because things that I don't care about just go out the window. Like I can't tell you much about space or the solar system. I know the planets. But not the order of them and not the things that make them unique or important. Lol just not in my brain at all. 

As I wrap this up, I feel kinda rushed while typing this particular post. I don't really care enough to save it and redo later so I'm just gonna post it. But I obviously kinda went my own way with the challenge. I chose life skills, & personality skills or work ethic skills. I think you can probably go any route or even combine them if you choose to write this challenge,!I just wanted to do more because I realized pretty late into the post that I could have been writing about something almost completely different. 
It was fun because it made you think about the things you are already pretty good at and things that you could probably work on. That's always fun.

Anywayz, haha anyone else remember writing that in notes to your friends back in the day? "Anywayz" this has been fun. 
Until next time, Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment